Since being acquired by Playboy in the early 1970s, few places in the world have garnered as much attention (and men’s imaginations) as the Playboy Mansion.
Hugh Hefner’s home, located in Beverly Hills, California has been the foundation of the ‘Playboy’ lifestyle, hosting the wildest parties and catering to the world’s most beautiful (and richest) people.
So what can your really do behind the well guarded gates of the Playboy Mansion? As seasoned veterans of Playboy Mansion parties we break down top ten must-do’s behind the walls of Hugh Hefner’s playmate and celebrity party haven.
10) Have the best bachelor party ever – Think Vegas is crazy? Forget it! The Playboy Mansion makes Vegas look about as exciting as your Sunday afternoon visits to Grandma Betty’s apartment. Live your last night of freedom in style, luxury and most importantly surrounded by the world’s most beautiful women.
9) Visit the zoo – The Playboy Mansion zoo houses cranes, flamingos, trumpeters, waterfowl and peafowl. It even has a family of red-handed Tamarins and plenty of spider monkeys. But we know you probably didn’t come to the Mansion to see the monkeys! Did you?
8) Swim in the grotto – Jump into the world’s famous hot water tub, and make your way into the cave on the northside; this is where all the action takes place. Relax and watch the show, before you become a part of it. Clothing is optional.
7) Talk to Hugh Hefner – The aging playboy magnate is 84 this year and showing every bit it. Just take a picture or chat up Mr. Hefner, we don’t mean to be insensitive, but there is no doubt a replacement will be needed soon. Maybe ol’ Heffy will take you under his wing?
6) Search for the Elvis suite – A secret room known as the Elvis Suite is said to have been kept out of the public view, even for the most frequent and important visitors for more than thirty years. In a recent TV interview when asked about the room, Hugh Hefner – who is an avid Elvis Presley admirer – explained the suite is special to him because when the singer came to town one night in the early seventies, he stayed in that suite taking with him, to bed, no less than 8 girls. He further confirmed that whenever movie stars, or sports stars, and rappers come there to chill out, they always request the Elvis Suite.
5) Hit on a playmate – Every party at the Playboy Mansion has one thing in common: Playmates! Hey you never know, right?! If you made it to the mansion you might as well take your chances. Tip of the day: avoid the cheesy lines, “hello” just might work.
4) Hit the bar for champagne or a shot of patron – The parties at the mansion never disappoint, and neither does the bar. Get a drink, and perhaps offer to buy one for the gorgeous blonde beside you (just don’t tell her it’s free!).
3) Go celebrity spotting – Always the celebrity hotspot, recently the likes of Paris Hilton, Snoop Dogg, Matt Perry, the cast of Entourage, The Hills, Ron Jeremy, Kim Kardashian have all been seen partying inside the Mansion. Chat them up, and toast to the good life. You are, after all, inside the Playboy Mansion!
2) Play in the games room – The entertainment inside the Playboy Mansion is never lacking. Even in the non-female variety. The games room features a number of vintage and modern arcade games, pinball machines, player piano, jukebox, television, stereo, and couch. The game house has even has a bedroom – should it go there, and really, how could it not?
1) Live it up! – You are living every man’s ultimate fantasy at the best party in the world.